Pages

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Science and the media

Science and the media don't seem to go hand in hand at the moment. The more time I spend studying and the more I understand, the more I realise just how much science is completely and utterly misrepresented in the media. A fabulous example (as with many in his blog) comes from Ben Goldacre of "Badscience" fame. I thought journalism and reporting were supposed to represent both sides of the story, a fair and unbiased account. Obviously not.

2 comments:

family affairs said...

And about bloody time you started you're own blog - great news....it looks very good Lx

family affairs said...

I thought you'd promise to do a few more posts!! Still, at least you're keeping up with the comments and many thanks for all the advice - really good to have a different, younger perspective on all things disastrous in my life!! Lx