Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mojitos

Feeling summery we decided to make Mojitos. The secret I have found to Mojitos is, instead of sugar use a mint syrup, something like Monin's Mojito mint syrup, which I found in Stockmann for about 9 euros. Works like a charm! I used to use just sugar, but the Mojitos always lacked a certain something. I guess you could try making your own syrup (there's loads of recipes on the web), but after finding ready made mint syrup, I just am too lazy to try myself! Add more sparkling water if you find this a tad strong.




Ingredients (per glass)
  • half a lime, cut into quarters
  • 25 ml mint syrup
  • 35 ml white rum e.g. Angostura, Bacardi or similar
  • 6 fresh mint leaves
  • 60 - 80 ml sparkling water
  • 5 - 6 ice cubes
Method 
  1. Put limes, mint syrup, rum and mint into a glass. Using the end of a wooden spoon, or as we did the handle end of our sharpening steel (for knives), bash/crush the limes and other ingredients together.
  2. When you think you have got the most out of the limes, add the ice cubes to the glass.
  3. Add the water.
  4. Stir and enjoy!

No comments: